COVID-19 Update 14th August 2020
This COVID 19 Update will help you know where to go to get information on the below topics:
- Frequently asked questions: guidance for the building and construction industry
- FINANCIAL RELIEF & SUPPORT
- Victorian Government enhances mental health support for SMEs
- Victoria’s Permitted Worker Scheme
- Download the Permitted worker permit (Word)
- JobKeeper 2.0: Use our infographic to identify if you’re eligible
Frequently asked questions: guidance for the building and construction industry
The Victorian Government has answered a number of the most frequently asked questions about the rules now determining eligible projects and work crew behaviour during Stage 4 restrictions. Be advised this list of questions and answers is not comprehensive, and we expect it will be added to in the coming days. We are working to make sure your questions are shaping what the government publishes.
We recommend that you familiarise yourself with its contents regularly to help avoid issues with noncompliance. Carpentry Australia will continue to keep members informed as changes occur in this ever changing environment.
Read FAQs for the building and construction sector.
FINANCIAL RELIEF & SUPPORT
A range of financial support is available from the Australian and Victorian governments to help your business through Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Grants: Check what you’re eligible for by clicking here and follow the prompts
- Other Exemptions & Packages: Click here to learn more about what may available to your business
- Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme For everything you need to know to renegotiate your lease please click here.
Victorian Government enhances mental health support for SMEs
The Victorian Government has launched an initiative to offer mental health support for small to medium businesses and their workers. Minister for Small Business Jaala Pulford announced details of a $26 million program addressing increased mental health needs as a result of difficulties arising from coronavirus.
As part of the program, St John Ambulance will provide accredited mental health support training to chambers of commerce across Victoria to swiftly boost mental health capabilities within local business communities.
Victoria’s Permitted Worker Scheme
Permitted workplaces have until 11:59pm on Friday 7 August to implement their COVID Safe Plan. Industries moving to restricted operations have until 11:59pm on Friday 7 August to implement these restrictions – but any measures that can be introduced sooner should be.
This is a tough time for all of us, lets stick together, help each other through and ensure we are all working on the other side of this unique time.
Contact us on 1300 652 779 or firstname.lastname@example.org